RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portable .bat file for start game.exe files doesn't work anymore

5 posters

Go down

Portable .bat file for start game.exe files doesn't work anymore Empty Portable .bat file for start game.exe files doesn't work anymore

Post by PittStone 09/06/23, 05:30 am

I need some help with my .bat files to start PC games for emulationstation.
That worked for me few years, but now strangly it doesn't work anymore.
Here is one of my .bat file text:

cd .emulationstation\roms\winpncgames\A New Beginning
.\anb.exe

Strangly this starts never my Game again.
If i put the full path in it, it starts my Game:

cd D:\Emulationstation\.emulationstation\roms\winpncgames\A New Beginning
.\anb.exe

I starting Emulationstation with another .bat file for portable use, but this helps not:

set HOME=%~dp0
emulationstation.exe
PittStone
PittStone

Back to top Go down

Portable .bat file for start game.exe files doesn't work anymore Empty Re: Portable .bat file for start game.exe files doesn't work anymore

Post by getupor 09/06/23, 10:52 am

Hello

There is really something wrong with your bat files...
Why doing things so complex ?
https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t135-faq-retrobat-wip#905

Using Retrobat, you have to start Retrobat, not EmulationStation directly. If you want to use EmulationStation alone, you're not on the right place to ask for help
getupor
getupor
Admin

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Portable .bat file for start game.exe files doesn't work anymore Empty Re: Portable .bat file for start game.exe files doesn't work anymore

Post by PittStone 09/06/23, 04:00 pm

I deleted Retrobat emulationstation and insert my older version of emulationstation from "Jrasa". And now my .bat files working again.
Its a Error with the Retrobat Version.
I think im here on the right place to ask for help.
PittStone
PittStone

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 09/06/23, 04:08 pm

First of all, your bat file is pointing to ".emulationstation\roms\" folder, this is not at all RetroBat's folder structure, the roms folder should not be inside the .emulationstation folder...

This is a custom setup that we do not support, not a standard usage of RetroBat.

Portable .bat file for start game.exe files doesn't work anymore Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 09/06/23, 04:19 pm

And if you're using jrassa EmulationStation fork, for sure you're not on the right place and don't understand the aim of Retrobat...

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PittStone 09/06/23, 07:21 pm

Yeah, thats sad.
All seems to work, but only that portable .bat file don't.
So the emulationstation.exe from Retrobat overwrite the "Home" Directory?
I go back to jrassa fork than. Sadly its not Up to Date. And has not the functions what Retrobat has. Like Close Emulationstation with One Option or Loading screen. And on github is no build to Download. I doesn't know enough to build the Programm.
PittStone
PittStone

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 09/06/23, 07:26 pm

Hello, what is sad is your script forcing the system variable $home. You should never need to do that.

Portable .bat file for start game.exe files doesn't work anymore Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 09/06/23, 07:28 pm

But have you only try normally Retrobat ?
What can bring you the jrassa build ? Are you able to play with all systems Retrobat bring ?
And what is complicated to remove your .bat file ?

Adding a Windows game in Retrobat

getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PittStone 09/06/23, 07:36 pm

I used emulationstation on windows long before retrobat. And my files and folders are too many to copy it to another folders what retrobat like. And my game folders are compressed, too. With "Compactor" for shrink the sizes. If i move that folders, i have to Shrink it again. Thats work and work and work. So the easyest way for me is back to normal emulationstation.  No i have not try Retrobat normaly. I know that works with .pc or .windows option. Like my DOS games work this way with .game!  But if there more than one .exe in a game folder it has problems, right? Some games needs a .bat file to start and not a .exe.  And again its a lot of work, too.
PittStone
PittStone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 09/06/23, 07:43 pm

You come to ask for help to use Retrobat without using Retrobat.
No logic in your approach.
we are not going to redo the programming of Retrobat, just for one user.
It's up to you to adapt, not the other way around.

You come to ask for help, without saying hello, you don't even bother to choose an avatar.
we are human, not chatGPT.

I may be a little rude, but we're tired of this kind of behavior.
Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PittStone 09/06/23, 07:46 pm

I saw that i have no Avatar, but i don't find the Option to change it.
Yeah thats Rude from you.
Thanks for Nothing.
Have a nice Day.
PittStone
PittStone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorenzolamas 09/06/23, 07:51 pm

I'm rude, but it is you who do not know politeness.
You not reading any pinned posts on this forum:

- Rules: https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t51-read-before-posting-retrobat-forum-rules
- How to choose an avatar: https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t1190-avatar-how-to-choose-an-avatar-on-the-forum
- Say a "fucking" Hello: https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t1361-hey-guys-say-hello

Have a nice Day rude person.

Lorenzolamas
Lorenzolamas
Admin

Kayl and getupor like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down