RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RESOLVED] MODEL 2 SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER ?

2 posters

Go down

[RESOLVED] MODEL 2 SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER ?  Empty [RESOLVED] MODEL 2 SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER ?

Post by Chaz1973 29/08/23, 06:33 pm

Hello everyone.
Retrobat is amazing, great work guys and gals.

I do have a small issue regarding MODEL2 games (segs rally) controls ?

No matter what i try, i just cant get any games on model 2 emulator to use my wireless pro switch controller using retrobat. Latest stable version.

My controller works using the standalone version of the emulator, but if i use it in retrobat controller doesn't work ?

What am i missing ?

Thanks in advance.
Chaz1973
Chaz1973

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] MODEL 2 SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER ?  Empty Re: [RESOLVED] MODEL 2 SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER ?

Post by tartifless 29/08/23, 07:51 pm

Hello,

This is a known issue with PRO controllers, they are exclusive to single application, so unfortunately when EmulationStation is running, they are not detected in the emulator.

It's also the case with MAME and all emulators that do not use SDL.

Regards

[RESOLVED] MODEL 2 SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER ?  Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Chaz1973 likes this post

Back to top Go down

[RESOLVED] MODEL 2 SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER ?  Empty Re: [RESOLVED] MODEL 2 SWITCH PRO CONTROLLER ?

Post by Chaz1973 29/08/23, 11:22 pm

iv switched to  ps4 controller and i still cant get it to work with any model2 games ?

what am i missing
Chaz1973
Chaz1973

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 29/08/23, 11:29 pm

You need to configure the controller in the emulator, retrobat does not autoconfigure controllers for model 2.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz1973 30/08/23, 12:12 pm

Hi thanks for reply.

it wont let me configure, just hangs when trying to configure. think ill just give up on model 2 working
Chaz1973
Chaz1973

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 30/08/23, 04:43 pm

So you mean even without RetroBat opened, model2 emulator does not allow configuring the controller ?

You need to know this is an old emulator, not sure Pro Controllers were already existing when the emulator was done, so it's possible these controllers are not supported...
Your best chance would be with a XInput controller (XBOX).

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Chaz1973 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaz1973 30/08/23, 06:31 pm

Hi. Thank you for the help.
It works now, once I put the roms in the emulator roms folder and then configure the controller running the games from there.. Controls work in retrobat after.

Chaz1973
Chaz1973

Lorenzolamas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down