RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official N64 Switch controller does not work

2 posters

Go down

Official N64 Switch controller does not work Empty Official N64 Switch controller does not work

Post by NovaGB 29/09/23, 09:01 pm

Hi so i bought the official wireless N64 pad from Nintendo (built for switch) Retrobat detects it no problem as 'N64 controller) it works fine in all menus, i can even remap it no issue, however no matter what game i try it with, there is no input, i have tried all of my other controllers from 8bitdo, official X/S controllers etc etc and all work no problem, but i did buy this controller to use with Retrobat and it was extremely hard to get hold of, can anybody help?
NovaGB
NovaGB

Back to top Go down

Official N64 Switch controller does not work Empty Re: Official N64 Switch controller does not work

Post by tartifless 29/09/23, 09:16 pm

What emulator does it not work with ?

Are you able to configure it directly in retroarch ?

Official N64 Switch controller does not work Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Official N64 Switch controller does not work Empty Re: Official N64 Switch controller does not work

Post by NovaGB 29/09/23, 10:25 pm

tartifless wrote:What emulator does it not work with ?

Are you able to configure it directly in retroarch ?

Hi none of them, if i enter a game with it, there is no input at all, so i cant even access the retroarch menu, even though emulationstation detects it no problem, i just tried it with a standalone project64 and it detects it immediately, but obviously i'd like to use it in retrobat as the all in one package type thing.
NovaGB
NovaGB

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 29/09/23, 10:43 pm

I mean did you try to run it in retroarch without retrobat ?
First of all ensure you have the input driver set to sdl2 in retrobat for retroarch

Official N64 Switch controller does not work Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaGB 29/09/23, 11:16 pm

tartifless wrote:I mean did you try to run it in retroarch without retrobat ?
First of all ensure you have the input driver set to sdl2 in retrobat for retroarch

Hi mate where would i find sdl2?

Edit: nevermind found it

Edit 2: after doing that my 8bitdo SN30 Pro no longer works either

I tried doing a fresh install of retrobat also and its the same
NovaGB
NovaGB

Back to top Go down

Post by NovaGB 29/09/23, 11:37 pm

Ok so the issue seems to be retroarch as i just tried it on dolphin and pcsx2 and its working, where do i go from here to get it working in retroarch? As obviously when i enter the emulator i cant use a shortcut to enter the retroarch menu
NovaGB
NovaGB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down