RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox series X Controller Disconnect

3 posters

Go down

Xbox series X Controller Disconnect Empty Xbox series X Controller Disconnect

Post by RajelAran 08/10/23, 08:14 pm

Good morning!

I have an odd issue. I'm using a current Xbox controller but not via Bluetooth, I'm using the official Xbox wireless adapter as BT doesn't seem to have sufficient range.
The problem is when ES is active, the controller refuses to stay connected if I power it on after program launch.
It powers on, ES recognizes it, and then the controller disconnects immediately.
The workaround has been to power on the controller first, then launch RetroBat, at which point the controller stays connected.

...until the controller turns off for inactivity, at which point I have to exit RetroBat/ES in order to let the controller reconnect.

IT GETS WEIRDER.

If I'm playing a game, say in Retroarch or another where ES isn't actively in front, the controller can idle disconnect and reconnect just fine, no issues.
But as soon as I exit the game and return to ES, it drops the controller connection and I have to exit entirely back to desktop to make it work again.

It's only RetroBat/ES that is showing this behavior so far.

System details:
Dell XPS 9710
Win11 Pro
Xbox Series S/X controller
MS Xbox Wireless USB adapter, no Bluetooth

Thank you for any assistance!
-Rajel
RajelAran
RajelAran

brunotarcisio likes this post

Back to top Go down

Xbox series X Controller Disconnect Empty Re: Xbox series X Controller Disconnect

Post by brunotarcisio 26/10/23, 08:09 pm

I have exactly the same problem. I have already formatized my Windows, already installed the retrobat in another equipment, and the error remains the same in all scenarios.
brunotarcisio

RajelAran likes this post

Back to top Go down

Xbox series X Controller Disconnect Empty Re: Xbox series X Controller Disconnect

Post by Jste84 11/02/24, 03:22 am

Don't suppose anyone got to the bottom of this?
Jste84
Jste84

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down