RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game?

5 posters

Go down

Would a "launcher only" mode be useful where Retrobat would leave all settings alone?

How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game? Vote_lcap0%How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game? Vote_lcap100%How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game? Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game? Vote_lcap0%How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game? Empty How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game?

Post by thisisjay 12/02/24, 10:46 pm

More specifically, how do I stop Retrobat from telling MAME64 to keep showing warnings even after the first boot?

I was able to change this setting is MAME64 and have it work properly(only shows warnings on the first boot then never again), but I cannot seem to find the setting in Retrobat.
thisisjay
thisisjay

Back to top Go down

How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game? Empty Re: How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game?

Post by tartifless 12/02/24, 11:13 pm

Hello,

What warning?

How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game? Modo
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game? Empty Re: How to I stop MAME64 from showing warnings when booting a game?

Post by thisisjay 13/02/24, 05:52 am

tartifless wrote:Hello,

What warning?

The blue and yellow errors that say the rom has this or that known issue.
thisisjay
thisisjay

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 13/02/24, 06:39 am

That only works with the MAME No-Nag version. Just overwrite the MAME .exe file with the No-Nag version.
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by 2dguy 13/02/24, 09:50 am

DeadVoivod wrote:That only works with the MAME No-Nag version. Just overwrite the MAME .exe file with the No-Nag version.

Sorry, still a bit new to all this, but where would I find this no nag version? And does it remove the nags by default or do I still need to set something in the ini file? Thank you.
2dguy
2dguy

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 13/02/24, 09:59 am

Google and yes it removes by default.
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnHeror 15/02/24, 04:02 pm

DeadVoivod wrote:Google and yes it removes by default.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the last version on Launchbox.

Last edited by JohnHeror on 15/02/24, 04:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnHeror
JohnHeror

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 15/02/24, 04:04 pm

What do you mean by editing the ini file ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnHeror 15/02/24, 04:06 pm

tartifless wrote:What do you mean by editing the ini file ?

Nevermind. But here's the solution.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/3270-mame-no-nag-updated-monthly-current-version/

Go here, log in (create an account), click on the 'download this file' button and go the latest version or corresponded version. Download the file and overwrite mame.exe (don't forget to save this file for whatever reason).

I asked about ini file, i know where to get no-nag version but i do not use it, i am not looking for a solution as i have no issue.
Just wanted to know what you mean by modifying the .ini file ? There is no .ini option to remove the warnings
JohnHeror
JohnHeror

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 15/02/24, 04:31 pm

tartifless wrote:What do you mean by editing the ini file ?
Hi,

He just asked if after using the No-Nag version of MAME he still would need to change something inside the .ini file. But there's no need, the No-Nag version removes this, don't need to edit anything, just replace the mame,exe file with the No-Nag version and it's done.
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 15/02/24, 04:34 pm

Hello,

Even with the normal version, there is no setting in inifile to remove the warnings

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadVoivod 15/02/24, 04:47 pm

Even with the normal version, there is no setting in inifile to remove the warnings
No, because otherwise you wouldn't need the No-Nag version Wink
DeadVoivod
DeadVoivod

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 15/02/24, 04:53 pm

Ok, i still don't understand, before the post was changed, the person was talking about modifying ini file...

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnHeror 15/02/24, 08:24 pm

tartifless wrote:Ok, i still don't understand, before the post was changed, the person was talking about modifying ini file...

If you meant my post: I deliberately changed it because it wasn't the right solution and there was a lot of debate. There are several posts about changing one rule in the mame.ini or ui.ini file so that there was no disclaimer before starting a game. But since that's NOT the right solution I explained the right one.
JohnHeror
JohnHeror

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 15/02/24, 08:33 pm

The .ini cannot control this screen at all, it is baked in mame code at the moment of compilation.
Only the no-nag version, which is compiled with this set to false works.

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thisisjay 16/02/24, 05:23 am

Thanks for your suggestions, but there seems to be a disconnect between what I am saying and what everyone seems to be hearing.

If I run MAME64 directly from the emulation folder and change the setting for the warnings, MAME64 does the right thing. It displays the warning ONCE and then never again.

If I launch the same MAME64 through Retrobat, I get the warning.

I get that the "no nag" version of MAME will stop these warnings from happening, but what I was asking is where, if anywhere, in Retrobat can I change a setting to stop Retrobat from, forcing MAME to display these warnings even after they have been disabled in the MAME settings?

If the answer is nowhere, then my next question is why? That means that Retrobat is overriding a setting in MAME with no option to make it stop. That is a bug.
thisisjay
thisisjay

2dguy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 16/02/24, 08:23 am

Hello,

This is exactly why I am asking you to provide the setting you are talking about in Mame.
If we do not know what setting it is, we will not be able to modify it so that it shows only once.
tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thisisjay 18/02/24, 10:34 pm

This is exactly why I am asking you to provide the setting you are talking about in Mame.
If we do not know what setting it is, we will not be able to modify it so that it shows only once.

In MAME64

General settings-Miscellaneous options-skip imperfect emulations=yes

Last edited by thisisjay on 18/02/24, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
thisisjay
thisisjay

Back to top Go down

Post by tartifless 19/02/24, 06:28 pm

Hi, do you have example of a rom that gives this message ?

tartifless
tartifless
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thisisjay 22/02/24, 02:55 am

tartifless wrote:Hi, do you have example of a rom that gives this message ?

Pnickies

thisisjay
thisisjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down