RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consolidated issues we hope to see fix in the next RetroBat release (3.2)

3 posters

Go down

Consolidated issues we hope to see fix in the next RetroBat release (3.2) Empty Consolidated issues we hope to see fix in the next RetroBat release (3.2)

Post by Virtualman 25/11/20, 12:32 am

Figured to consolidate all reported issues that we hope to see fixed on next RetroBat release (3.2) in priority order.
We have worked extremely hard to make it all work and happy to report 98.9% of core systems we want are working.

1. Arcade each game optimized emulator pre-selected and adjusted bezel project manually. (However not transferable to another user/system as expected):
 * reported to Retrobat developers -> https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t329-issues-with-binary-files-like-retrobatsavesarcademame2003-pluscfgdefault-cfg#2067
 * temporary workaround for Arcade games that don't load with default "fbneo" you have to manually change on per game basis: (- simply change emulator core) from ES > Arcade > Press Select > Advanced Game Option > Emulator and change to desired core (mame2003, mame2003plus, mame2010, fbalpha2012, etc... a formal list will be provided soon in excel format).

2. Support for multiple storage - multiple symlink limited: reported to Retrobat developers -> https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t285-support-for-multiple-storage-seems-to-have-been-fixed-in-continuous-master

3. Daphne Launcher Bug  "-datadir" not supported: reported to Retrobat developers -> https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t264-daphne-launcher-bug-datadir-not-supported

4 . On boot Splashscreen video randomizer - https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t253-on-boot-video-splashscreen-randomizer

5. Non theme custom-collection are not nested: reported to Retrobat developers -> https://retrobat.forumgaming.fr/t328-question-on-es-collection-support#2061

6. Support for ti99 standalone emulator "classicti99"

That's it for now and we love RetroBat! rendeer
Sincerely,
VMAN!

Last edited by Virtualman on 25/11/20, 01:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Virtualman

Virtualman and bilu like this post

Back to top Go down

Consolidated issues we hope to see fix in the next RetroBat release (3.2) Empty Re: Consolidated issues we hope to see fix in the next RetroBat release (3.2)

Post by Virtualman 25/11/20, 12:37 am

Tons of donation is coming your way guys! Amazing work and we want to help!
Virtualman

bilu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Consolidated issues we hope to see fix in the next RetroBat release (3.2) Empty Re: Consolidated issues we hope to see fix in the next RetroBat release (3.2)

Post by bilu 25/11/20, 12:38 am

Of notice that these issues affect the current stable release. Some of them have been identified as fixed/working in continuous release builds (eg. Daphne and symlinks) but the others were only tested with stable.

Take care,
Bilu
bilu
bilu

Virtualman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 25/11/20, 05:24 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your donations, it will help us a lot Smile

We're working hard on the future version and with the lot of changes, this will be not 3.2 but 4.0.

We keep an eye on all your posts with your bugs reports and other, but don't worry if we cannot answer to all your post.

The v4.0 beta is comming soon, with new features to customize RetroBat and add your own config presets. You will be with the other contributors among the first to get early builds of it. I hope before Christmas Wink

Take care too,

Kayl

Consolidated issues we hope to see fix in the next RetroBat release (3.2) Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Virtualman, getupor and bilu like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 25/11/20, 07:06 pm

Kayl wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your donations, it will help us a lot Smile

We're working hard on the future version and with the lot of changes, this will be not 3.2 but 4.0.

We keep an eye on all your posts with your bugs reports and other, but don't worry if we cannot answer to all your post.

The v4.0 beta is comming soon, with new features to customize RetroBat and add your own config presets. You will be with the other contributors among the first to get early builds of it. I hope before Christmas Wink

Take care too,

Kayl

100% grateful for all your team for your efforts and we will keep helping -
**Motivate to Innovate!** “No matter how many mistakes we make or how slow we progress... we’re still ahead of everyone not trying!"

Sincerely,
VMAN!
Virtualman

Virtualman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 16/12/20, 05:01 am

Hi Team, I'm sure you know by now that I will be releasing my personal build (no roms) ...
I am curious if there is any chance to get a general status of fixes above? Is there a fix for daphne system (provide manual fix for now?) - I'm having live launch party Dec 23rd... showcasing all systems and tweaks Smile.

I have special shout-out to you all ...

Sincerely,
Virtualman!
Virtualman

Kayl, Lorenzolamas and bilu like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 16/12/20, 08:05 pm

Hello,

We're working hard on the future release and we have improved the integration of several standalone emulators. We hope to release the 4.0 beta before 2021 Smile

If by "fix" you mean to correct the command line for Daphne, yes, we corrected this. You can try the last update of our emulator launcher here:
Code:
https://github.com/fabricecaruso/batocera-ports/releases/tag/continuous

You only need to replace emulatorlauncher.exe with the new one.

Consolidated issues we hope to see fix in the next RetroBat release (3.2) Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

Virtualman, bilu and Korvenwin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 16/12/20, 10:54 pm

Kayl wrote:Hello,

We're working hard on the future release and we have improved the integration of several standalone emulators. We hope to release the 4.0 beta before 2021 Smile

If by "fix" you mean to correct the command line for Daphne, yes, we corrected this. You can try the last update of our emulator launcher here:
Code:
https://github.com/fabricecaruso/batocera-ports/releases/tag/continuous

You only need to replace emulatorlauncher.exe with the new one.

Hi @kayl - much appreciated and confirm Daphne is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep us posted on other features/fixes Smile we hope to see in 4.x Smile

Sincerely,
VMAN!
Virtualman

bilu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 17/12/20, 02:54 am

Hi @kayl - I tested every system with new emulatorlauncher.exe - only major issue to report at this time:

1. Amiga lr-puae my specific retroarch overrides are totally gone and I can't save any overrides at all (it does not persist).
I have specific video options to on and several other settings so screen ratio shows up correctly and all...

Roll back emulatorlauncher.exe from 3.1 and lr-puae retroarch overrides persist just fine... Sad

I'm now in limbo (as much I want to keep it because it launches daphne it breaks amiga/lr-puae retroarch overrides Sad.

Anyhow just to leave all changes from 3.1 emulatorslauncher.exe and to only include daphne fix Smile

Sincerely,
Virtualman
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 17/12/20, 06:33 pm

Obviously with your custom 3.1 setup, we're between your installation and the theoric v4.0 that fits your needs to improve your custom build.

In french we've an expression for that: "Avoir le cul entre deux chaises" Smile

You should wait for at least the v4.0 beta to maybe adapt your setup but we cannot revert back. All the modifications and improvements are made on purpose.

I've spend a few time to make amiga systems running well. Libretro core PUAE isn't the most efficient emulator so we did improve the integration of winuae standalone emulator and I added the compatibility with the legit emulator Amiga Forever.

Kayl
Kayl
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtualman 17/12/20, 10:55 pm

@kayl je suis francais aussi Smile, je comprend je suis patient Smile - j'attent pour beta pas trouble
Virtualman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down