RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat

3 posters

Go down

Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat Empty Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat

Post by Gonzalo 24/07/22, 06:25 am

Hi!
I have a strange problem..
The other day i wanted to play Sonic 1. Went to retrobat, searched for "Sonic" and sonic 3 and a few others appeared, but not sonic 1 and 2.
I remembered that i used to play them directly with kega. Went to roms directory and they where there.
Opened batgui.exe, went to megadrive, game list editor, filtered by "sonic" and there it is, sonic the hedgehog 1 and 2, and not hidden.
But if i open retrobat, they are not there, searching for its name and manually searching if thru all the games scrolling.
What can i do?
Thanks!
Regards,
Gonzalo
Gonzalo

Back to top Go down

Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat Empty Re: Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat

Post by Gonzalo 24/07/22, 06:51 am

More Info!
In the roms folder, in this path:
C:\emu y frontend\retrobat\roms\megadrive\S

I have these files:
"Sonic the Hedgehog (JUE) [!].zip"
"Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (JUE) [!].zip"
"Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (U) [!].zip"

But only Sonic 3 appears on retrobat.
BUT! If i simply create a copy of "Sonic the Hedgehog (JUE) [!].zip" named "sonic 1.zip"... it appears in retrobat!
Also, if i rename it to "Sonic the Hedgehog 1(JUE) [!].zip" (adding the number "1"), it appears in retrobat!
Same for sonic 2.
Sonic 3 works perfect, without need to change it's name.
What could it be?
Gonzalo
Gonzalo

Back to top Go down

Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat Empty Re: Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat

Post by Gonzalo 24/07/22, 07:00 am

And.. more info!
If i delete gamelist.xml in megadrive folder, and recreate it (without scraping info)... sonic 1 re-appears!
Attached, both files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f5u-R2r0Hoz4Y3nKoEejl7mKXj7T5SVO/view?usp=sharing
Gonzalo
Gonzalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzalo 25/07/22, 06:57 am

Anyone can help me?
thanks!
Gonzalo
Gonzalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aynshe 25/07/22, 07:14 pm

Gonzalo wrote:Anyone can help me?
thanks!

Why not just rename them?

Maybe the problem is related to the special characters?

For me they are called:

roms\megadrive\Sonic The Hedgehog I.zip
roms\megadrive\Sonic The Hedgehog II.zip
roms\megadrive\Sonic The Hedgehog III.zip
Aynshe
Aynshe

Back to top Go down

Post by getupor 25/07/22, 08:06 pm

Hello

First, Sonic appear on both of your gamelist.
but on the first one, it's named "Sonic The Hedgehog" in the gamelist (so will appear with this name on your system).

But, can you explain what is supposed to do the tag <family>Sonic</family> in the gamelist ?

Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat 2022-039

Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat Modo
getupor
getupor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzalo 26/07/22, 01:25 am

Aynshe wrote:
Gonzalo wrote:Anyone can help me?
thanks!

Why not just rename them?

Maybe the problem is related to the special characters?

For me they are called:

roms\megadrive\Sonic The Hedgehog I.zip
roms\megadrive\Sonic The Hedgehog II.zip
roms\megadrive\Sonic The Hedgehog III.zip

I tought of renaming them. But i caught this problem by chance. I don't know how many other games have the same problem.
Could be the special characters, true, but if i delete gamelist.xml and recreate it (without scraping info), the games appear normally.
Gonzalo
Gonzalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzalo 26/07/22, 01:28 am

getupor wrote:Hello

First, Sonic appear on both of your gamelist.
but on the first one, it's named "Sonic The Hedgehog" in the gamelist (so will appear with this name on your system).

But, can you explain what is supposed to do the tag <family>Sonic</family> in the gamelist ?

Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat 2022-039

Yes, in the files it appears in both, but if i open retrobat with the first file, sonic is nowhere to be found, but if i use the 2nd gamelist, it appears there.
Also... i didn't create the tag. I just copied all the roms i use with kega onto the rom sub of retrobat, and then scraped the content (boxes, videos, etc). I didn't do anything more.
Gonzalo
Gonzalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzalo 26/07/22, 01:29 am

I will take a screenshot to explain better (in the next reply)
Gonzalo
Gonzalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gonzalo 26/07/22, 10:14 pm

This is with the 1st gamelist.xml (the one that "doesn't work").
If i search for the string "sonic", sonic 1 and 2 are missing.
But if i delete gamelist.xml, do not scrape content, and search for it... it appears!

Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat Retrob10
Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat Retrob11
Roms appears in gamelist editor but not in retrobat Retrob12
Gonzalo
Gonzalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down