RETROBAT Official Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RetroBat 3.0 Test Results

3 posters

Go down

RetroBat 3.0 Test Results Empty RetroBat 3.0 Test Results

Post by xboxiso 29/05/20, 07:56 pm

I have downloaded and installed RetroBat beta 3 and here is what I have found so far:

Issues:

1. Games will not boot. RetroBat 3.0 hangs at the loading screen after I select a game. I have installed the appropriate roms and bios files where need be and selected the libretro cores I want to use, but none of my games will boot. After I select a game, the box art for the game maximizes on screen but the game never starts. (I did update to the latest beta from within RetroBat 3.0 settings. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.)

2. Background music doesn't play even though it is turned on in settings.

3. When running the setup file for the first time, Windows 10 blocks the install. I had to click on "Run Anyway" on the warning screen to install it.

4. Upon running RetroBat 3.0, a command prompt window (black window) flashes on screen before and after the intro video plays.

Positives:

1. The installation process is fast and easy. Even faster and easier than RetroBat 2.1, and I thought that was already good. This is even better.

2. I like the shortcut created to start RetroBat 3.0 after installation.

3. I really like the settings menu. Especially like how easy it is to configure each system such as selecting the default emulator you want to use.

Overall a great job. Just not sure why no games will run for me. The same games that do not run in RetroBat 3.0 run in RetroBat 2.1 fine.

Has anyone else run into this?
xboxiso
xboxiso

Back to top Go down

RetroBat 3.0 Test Results Empty Re: RetroBat 3.0 Test Results

Post by Kayl 29/05/20, 09:58 pm

Hello,

No game at all can run on your install or some in particular ?

Please give more infos about the context, because with so few info we cannot guess what is wrong.

RetroBat 3.0 Test Results Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Post by xboxiso 29/05/20, 11:08 pm

None of my games work. The splash screen displaying the box art never goes away so you can't see the game. You can hear the game running in the background, but you can't see the game play screen as it is hidden behind the box art splash screen that displays on game boot.
xboxiso
xboxiso

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayl 29/05/20, 11:28 pm

Did you have made a fresh install of RetroBat ?

You did try only with retroarch or also with standalone emulators ?

Are you able to run retroarch via retrobat section of ES ?

RetroBat 3.0 Test Results Admin4
Kayl
Kayl
Admin

https://www.retrobat.ovh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi1985 03/06/20, 04:52 pm

1. Check sistem type . Retroarch will not run on 32.b windows
2. Check retroarch video driver. Inside the retrobat folder, go to "emulators-> retroarch and open the file retroarch.cfg (ex. notepad++), inside search for "video_driver=..." set it to "gl" or "d3d11" (if you have a d11 compatible video card, also, make sure you have directx installed... you can check that running dxdiag)
or you can delete the "retroarch.cfg" file, retroarch will create another.
3. start retroarch alone, not thru emulation station, go to settings-> video-> output ant select the video driver from there.
4. missing bios - load a core in retroarch and check if you have the bioses and the settings files needed for the game. Lets say you want to play atari games... open retroarch, go to main menu, load a core... load the atari core that you want to use, then again from main menu, go to information-> core information. On there, if it states that a required bios is missing, you need to download it and place it in retrobat->bios folder. In that folder (bios) you can find a list with all necesary bioses for retroarch.
5. game file arhived. In retroarch, some cores accept files as 7z, zip, some do not. Check the game files. Also, check compresion metod. If a game is zipped, and a core accept zipped files, it wont necessary run if compression method is not suported.
Gigi1985
Gigi1985

Back to top Go down

Post by xboxiso 03/06/20, 11:34 pm

Thank you for your response Gigi1985. I am running Windows 10 64bit. I will verify the video driver in RetroArch is set to gl and test some games directly through RetroArch. I do have the required bios files and the correct file types for each core.
xboxiso
xboxiso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down